Opening Day is May 1, 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Rain Date Wednesday May 3).
Coverdale is a friendly, relaxed club. We strive to provide an enjoyable atmosphere for all players, while providing opportunities for development of your game.
Hours of Play
- New members welcome! All levels and abilities!
- New to the game or returning after being away? Hit some balls with our member Instructor.
- Need a loaner racquet? Coverdale has some.
- Come and use our ball machine, the use, of which is included in your membership dues.
- Need lessons- club clinics included with membership. Private & semi private instruction available with a fee based package.
- Coverdale has “drop in” recreational tennis, along with league and competitive and Tournament play.
- Development courts are available during both day and evening sessions.
- Daytime and multi session evening tournaments are held each year.
- Club socials are held throughout the season.
- The courts at Peter Delanty Park are reserved exclusively for the use of members of Coverdale Tennis Club pursuant to a license agreement with the Town of Cobourg (the Town owns the courts)
- The exclusive hours of play are Monday, Wednesday and Friday (holidays included) from 8:30 am - 11:30 am, and Tuesday and Thursday (holidays included) from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
Thursday nights (Mid-June to mid-September) will be designated for league play. It will require members
to register for the season, in advance, and commit to play 8 of 12 weeks over the schedule.
Members should be playing at a level 2.0 rating according to the Self rating guide on the club website
before registering. Scoring will be kept throughout the season resulting in "League Champs"- Men and Ladies.
The club has offered prizes along the way. There is no additional fee to participate in league play.
Shaun will make himself available for technical instruction on the development court, when not playing.
Shaun O'Reilly & Rod Gamble are the league organizers this season.
Opportunities will exist for players to enter or leave league play at the season midpoint. More
comprehensive information will be sent to the membership in mid-May.
Court 3 will be available as a development court on Thursdays for all members not playing in the league.
Daytime tennis will not be affected in manner with the league play initiative.
Novice League and Development
New for 2023 at Coverdale Tennis Club will be the introduction of a brand new Novice League Play and
It is anticipated that the Novice league (playing at a self-rating level of 2.0 or under) will begin play around June 15,
and use courts 1 and 2 on Tuesday evenings for play from 6:15 pm-7:30 pm.
Participants can use the self-rating guide tab above to determine if this league is for you,
assistance is also available from our Instructor, Shaun O’Reilly.
- Playing two 8 game sets.
- There will be new playing partners for each set.
- Full rules and regulations to be presented before the start of league play.
- There will be an opportunity at the season midpoint for members to join in or drop out for the second half of the season.
- Participants will be expected to find their own replacements should you be unable to play a specific evening, from a list of spares provided by the club.
- Court access begins at 6:00 pm and that time 6:00 pm - 6:15 pm, will be available for development practice with Instructors and veteran players providing practical insights and encouragement for shot technique and doubles positioning and strategies.
- Court 3 will remain available for all members to play drop in tennis. 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
- There is no fee for members to participate in the novice League, and balls will be provided by the Club.
- Unfortunately, guests cannot be accommodated as all games are pre scheduled.
- Guests are welcome on the Court 3 for drop in tennis with other members.
- Guest certificate must be completed before play is commenced.
It is planned to have game scores kept, points tallied, and a season ending men’s and ladies Champion announced.
This will be in an atmosphere of good fun and a spirit of improving the novice level of ability.
The Novice group at Coverdale have already established a strong social network, including play outside of club hours, dinners, tournament play, and active participation in club affairs.
Registration will be available online as the season approaches.
For more information on this exciting initiative please contact email@example.com, or feel free to visit the Coverdale courts in Peter Delanty Park, Coverdale Avenue on any Tuesday evening 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm to see and meet our members as we bring organized tennis to Cobourg and area.
- Club tournament mid September
- Participation is free to members
- Women’s and men’s winner medallions
- Mixed doubles and straight play combine
- Balls provided
Red & white night (Canada Day)
- Special attire
- Balls provided
Guests are welcome to play during the above noted hours.
Invitations may be given by current members, or, an invitation can be secured by
contacting the club President, Cheryl Kydd at firstname.lastname@example.org to request
a guest invitation and by signing the mandatory "Coverdale Guest Form" prior to play.
Guests are welcome to attend 2 club sessions prior to formally joining the club and
paying the associated fees. (see Membership tab in the menu)